Organisation Development (OD) can be translated as ‘the way in which an organisation makes sense of its place’. It’s a way of planning organisational effectiveness, building performance and ensuring that outcomes are achieved, with the business and its people having a relationship that works.
Through OD I help organisations to explore the underlying differences between managing and leading: managers manage work, leaders lead people; with leadership comes the ability to influence and motivate, to enable others to contribute towards an organisation’s success. So, working on Organisational Development, I cover such areas as:
- Organisational behaviour - what is the structure of your business?
- Individual and team behaviour within your organisation
- Communication - is it clear, and is everyone on board?
- Messages to stakeholders - the art of influencing your stakeholders and buying into those who have an interest in your business moving in the right direction
- Roles of individuals
- Delegation - does this work well?
- Saying ‘no’ - are people encouraged to use ‘no’ as their answer, and to recognise their limitations
- Management and leadership
- Time management
- Being promoted and knowing how to delegate tasks
Through the exploration of the above areas, I can provide coaching within your organisation and specifically to address issues such as:
- Talent development
- Succession planning, and identifying how to recognise talent within your organisation
- Communication and presentation skills
- Improving soft skills, delegation and taking the lead
- Leadership and management skills
- Supporting new line managers in the transition into their new role